Đề số 5 - Đề kiểm tra học kỳ 2 - Tiếng Anh 8 mới
Đáp án và lời giải chi tiết Đề số 5 - Đề kiểm tra học kì 2 - Tiếng Anh 8 mới
I. Find the word that has different stress pattern in each line.
1. A. intrusive B. connection C. numerous D. dramatic
2. A. implementation B. generosity C. possibility D. automatically
3. A. impair B. unhurt C. effect D. insect
4. A. valueless B. resourceful C. essential D. surprising
II. Find the word with the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
5. A. verbal B. customer C. generous D. afternoon
6. A. connection B. creation C. information D. suggestion
7. A. table B. climb C. cube D. stab
III. Choose the correct answer A, B, C or D to complete each sentence.
8. Professor Colin Evers, _______ I ask a question about life on Venus?
A. can B. must C. may D. will
9. Working hours will fall to under 35 a week, __________?
A. will they B. won't they C. won't it D. will it
10. What __________ if you saw a UFO?
A. do you do B. will you do C. would you do D. did you do
11. That exercise looks difficult. I _________ you.
A. will help B. am going to help C. helped D. am helping
12. You shrug your shoulders means “__________ ”.
A. I'm happy. B. I don't know. C. I'm angry. D. Sorry. I need to go now.
13. John managed __________ his family in England by using Zalo.
A. contact B. to contact C. contacting D. to contacting
14. They __________ about video conferences at this time next Monday.
A. will talk B. will be talking C. are talking D. are going to talk
15. It's difficult to ___________ what the planet Earth will be like in 100 years' time.
A. imagine B. expect C. remember D. see
IV. Complete the sentences, using the correct form of the words in brackets.
16. The street doesn't look ___________ because it has a lot of rubbish. ATTRACT
17. Do you know that the telephone, the television and penicillin are Scottish _______? INVENT
18. A ______ is a scientist who studies the solid and liquid matter that constitutes the Earth. GEOLOGY
19. 95% of the atmosphere on Mars is carbon dioxide, which is ________ to breathe. POISON
20. Do you think astronauts feel a great sense of _______ when they travel alone in space? LONELY
V. Rewrite the sentences as long as keep the similar meaning to the original one.
21. People spent more time communicating with each other in the past.
=> It took _____________________________________________ .
22. He used to write letters to keep in touch with her when he lived far from her.
=> Letters used to _______________________________________ .
23. How long has that phone been used by our teacher?
=> When _____________________________________________ ?
24. How about going on a picnic this weekend?
=> Why don't we _______________________________________?
25. He suggested watching a comedy.
=> “Let’s ______________________________________________,” he said.
VI. Read the passage and answer the following questions.
New Zealand is a small country in the southern Pacific Ocean. There are two main islands, the North Island and the South Island, as well as many smaller islands. New Zealand is 268,000 square kilometres, about the same size as the United Kingdom.
Maori people arrived from the Pacific in the 10th century, and by the 12th century there were many Maori settlements along the coasts of New Zealand. The Maori name for New Zealand is Aotearoa, which means ‘the land of the long white cloud’. Seven hundred years later, large numbers of Europeans started to settle in New Zealand. According to Government figures, the population of New Zealand in 2015 was over four million, and of these, about 75 percent lived in the North Island.
There are four main cities. Auckland, in the north, is the largest city with a population of over one million people. Auckland's population includes many different nationalities. For example, there are large groups of European, Maori, Pacific Island, Chinese and Indian people. Together with other smaller groups, they make Auckland an interesting and exciting place to live.
Although Wellington is the capital, the centre of government, it is smaller and quieter than Auckland with a population of 350,000. The main cities in the South Island are Christchurch, known as the Garden City, and Dunedin, which is often compared to a small Scottish city.
26. Where is New Zealand located?
27. When did Maori people first come to New Zealand?
28. What does “Aotearoa” mean?
29. Where do most New Zealanders live?
30. Why is Auckland an interesting city?
VII. Read and choose the correct word from the box to complete the passage. There is an extra word.
The Internet is the world's largest computer network with over 100 million users worldwide and this number is doubling from year to year. Now, you can sit at your computer, choose a route and arrive at your destination - that is, the information you need. Today, from your computer, you (31) _______ access a library in one country, talk to an expert on a certain topic in a second country and send your own information to someone doing research in a third. So, we don’t know what will be next in the not-too-distant future.
The Internet was born (32) _______ scientists attempted to connect the American Defence Network to other satellite networks in (33) _______ to exchange information. Soon, scientific and educational institutions as well as research departments became interested in linking up, and, before long, the Internet had expanded into an international information and communication network.
The Internet now (34) _______ all the countries in the world. You can be connected to the Internet directly through your own computer or you can (35) _______ to an access system which allows you to use some of the Internet’s services.
VIII. Listen and match the sentence with correct letter A, B, C or D. There is an extra option.
36. Hurricanes are ______
37. The reason hurricanes happen is that ______
38. Hurricanes often happen _______
39. Hurricanes can _________
40. Scientists can ________
A. affect ships, blow down houses, cause floods and disrupt traffic.
B. tropical storms with strong winds.
C. usually track hurricanes, but they cannot stop them.
D. the water evaporates from the warm sea.
E. over the warm parts of oceans.
F. of the U.S.A, Australia, and Japan.
Lời giải chi tiết
21. people more time to communicating with each other in the past
22. be written to keep in touch with her by him when he lived far from her
23. did that phone start to be used by our teacher
24. go on a picnic this weekend
25. watch a comedy
26. It is located in the southern Pacific Ocean. / In the southern Pacific Ocean.
27. They came there in 10th century. / In the 10th century.
28. It means ‘the land of the long white cloud’.
29. They lived in the North Island. / In the North Island.
30. Because many different nationalities live there.
Chia sẻBình luận