Đề số 1 - Đề kiểm tra học kỳ 2 - Tiếng Anh 8 mới>>>> Tải về ↓
Đáp án và lời giải chi tiết Đề số 1 - Đề kiểm tra học kì 2 - Tiếng Anh 8 mới
I. Listen and decide if the following statements are True (T) or False (F).
1. Pollution has not caused a lot of deaths worldwide yet.
2. Heart disease, lung cancer and stroke are caused by pollution.
3. India and China had the lowest number of pollution-related deaths.
4. Pollution threatens fundamental human rights, such as the right to life, health, wellbeing, and safe work.
5. There have been 800,000 worldwide deaths caused by pollution in the workplace.
II. Find the word that has different stress pattern in each line.
6. A. domestic B. possible C. physical D. musical
7. A. refugee B. trainee C. Japanese D. engineer
8. A. physiography B. alternatively C. criminology D. unsuccessfully
9. A. repetitive B. electrical C. priority D. energetic
10. A. unhelpful B. unusual C. imprecise D. imperfect
III. Find the words with the underlined parts pronounced differently from the others.
11. A. prepares B. erupts C. stops D. photographs
12. A. typhoon B. goose C. food D. flood
13. A. looked B. suggested C. minded D. decided
IV. Choose the correct answer A, B, C or D to complete each sentence.
14. A forest fire ________ quickly and ________ many trees.
A. raged/ killed B. burst/ harmed C. spread/ destroyed D. occurred/ cooked
15. The tornado caused a massive ________ to the town.
A. destruction B. extension C. danger D. mishap
16. Hemp was grown throughout history ________ its versatility; it can be used to make many different things.
A. due to B. because C. since D. as a result
17. Global warming ________ if there weren't too much carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
A. won’t happen B. didn’t happen C. wouldn’t happen D. happened
18. Passengers __________ to smoke in the train.
A. are not allowed B. had not allowed C. has not allowed D. will not allow
19. A powerful __________ off the coast of Indonesia sparked a three-metre-high and killed at least 113 people.
A. earthquake B. tornado C. tsunami D. landslide
20. I ___________ a cup of tea before I left for my office.
A. have B. have had C. had had D. will have
21. “I'll give you your money back tomorrow.”
A. She promised me to give the money back the next day.
B. She promised to give me back the money the next day.
C. She promised to give me back your money the next day.
D. She promised to give you back your money the next day.
V. Put the words in the correct form.
Question 22. Dumping ________ waste into the lakes and rivers has caused serious water pollution. INDUSTRY
Question 23. We'll take the early ________ from Sydney to Wellington. FLY
Question 24. Here are several _________ proven studies that describe how to keep fit. SCIENCE
Question 25. WWF is committed to saving _________ animals such as black rhino, leatherback turtle and saola. DANGER
VI. Choose the correct answer A, B, C or D to complete the following passage.
NASA announced plans that are out of this world - literally! The space agency hopes to (26) _____ humans to the moon again by 2020. NASA hopes to make a giant leap - back to the moon. Back in 2005, the U.S. space agency announced its plan to send four astronauts to the moon (27) _____ the next 15 years.
NASA officials say the moon is just the first step. They hope future missions will take astronauts to Mars and beyond. “We will return to the moon no later than 2020 and extend the human presence across the (28) _____ system and beyond,” says Michael Griffin, the head of NASA. So far, the moon is the only place beyond Earth that humans have visited. At 226,000 miles away, the moon is Earth's (29) _______ space neighbour.
On July 20th, 1969, Neil Armstrong and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin became the first astronauts to land on the moon. They traveled there aboard Apollo 11. When Armstrong first set foot on the moon, he spoke these famous words: “That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.” During NASA's Apollo program, 12 American astronauts explored the lunar terrain. The last U.S. trip to the moon (30) ______ in December 1972.
26. A. send B. sending C. sent D. have sent
27. A. for B. at C. on D. within
28. A. science B. planet C. solar D. life
29. A. closest B. closer C. closely D. as close as
30. A. finished B. had finished C. finishes D. will be finishing
VII. Read the following passage about tornadoes and choose the best answer.
Did you ever see the movie The Wizard of Oz? A tornado sweeps up Dorothy and Toto, sending them to a new world where there are witches and talking lions! That entire story is fiction, but tornadoes are real and they are serious business. In fact, they can be the most dangerous storms of all.
Tornadoes are sometimes referred to as twisters or cyclones. They are shaped like a cylinder. They are born in thunderclouds. The winds inside a tornado swirl around and around and can be more than 300 miles per hour (mph). The winds are so strong that tornadoes can lift animals, cars, and even houses.
The United States has more tornadoes than any other country in the world. States such as Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska are hit hard by tornadoes. This part of the country is known as “Tornado Alley.” Tornado season is during the springtime and summer. If the conditions are right, a tornado can happen any time of year.
31. Where do tornadoes begin?
A. in the ocean B. underground C. in cyclones D. in thunderclouds
32. Why does the author mention The Wizard of Oz at the beginning of the passage?
A. To give a famous example of a tornado.
B. To give a history of tornadoes.
C. To show that hurricanes are not real.
D. To explain why tornadoes are dangerous.
33. Based on the passage, people who live in Tornado Alley should ___________.
A. expect tornadoes only during the summer.
B. be very familiar with the movie The Wizard of Oz.
C. be prepared for the dangers of tornadoes.
D. think about moving to the United States.
34. The word conditions in the last paragraph means ___________.
A. preparations B. dangerous hazards C. the way things are D. lucky feelings
35. What is the main idea of this passage?
A. Some states get tornadoes more than other states.
B. Tornadoes are dangerous storms that affect the U.S.
C. Tornadoes are different from how they are in movies.
D. Many tornadoes do not cause a lot of damage.
VIII. Rewrite the sentences using the word given in brackets.
36. I can't understand him because he speaks so quickly.
=> If ________________________________________
37. You had better not lend him any more money, Amanda" said John.
=> John advised Amanda ________________________
38. Many natural disasters have been caused by global warming.
=> Global warming _____________________________
39. Talking to your family members every day is very important.
=> It is ___________________________________________
Question 40. “Is your uncle working as a pilot for NASA?” Julia asked me.
=> Julia asked _____________________________________
Lời giải chi tiết
36. he didn’t speak so quickly, I could understand him
Hoặc: he spoke slowly, I could understand him
37. not to lend him any more money.
38. has caused many natural disasters.
39. very important to talk to your family members every day.
40. me if my uncle was working as a pilot for NASA.
Hoặc: whether my uncle was working as a pilot for NASA.