Đề số 4 - Đề kiểm tra học kỳ 2 - Tiếng Anh 8 mới
Đáp án và lời giải chi tiết Đề số 4 - Đề kiểm tra học kì 2 - Tiếng Anh 8 mới
I. Listen and decide if the following sentences are True (T) or False (F).
1. Humans have never contacted with aliens.
2. Fermi Paradox suggests that it will exist on Earth-like planets in the universe.
3. Extraterrestrials may not have decoded the signals we sent.
4. Signals from Earth have reached 8,500 stars.
5. Researcher Evan Solomonides said that there are no aliens in space.
II. Find the word with the underlined parts pronounced differently from the others.
6. A. honest B. house C. hour D. honor
7. A. suggestion B. action C. creation D. invention
8. A. message B. usage C. massage D. marriage
III. Find the word that has different stress pattern in each line.
9. A. national B. cultural C. popular D. musician
10. A. negative B. scholarship C. develop D. purposeful
11. A. entertainment B. population C. perspicacious D. temporary
12. A. unsuitable B. emotionless C. uneventful D. informative
IV. Choose the correct answer A, B, C or D to complete each sentence.
13. ________ not to make mistakes, type slowly and carefully.
A. So B. In order C. So that D. To
14. Would you mind ________ the phone for me?
A. to answer B. answer C. answering D. please answer
15. The polluted chemical waste was dumped into the ocean; _____________, the mass of fish died.
A. because B. as C. because of D. consequently
16. What _________ you do if you were President?
A. would B. will C. do D. did
17. Before the meeting finished, they had arranged when __________ next.
A. they met B. they to meet C. to meet D. meeting
18. From 1865 to 1875, a remarkable __________ of inventions was produced.
A. diversity B. mixture C. variety D. collection
19. Surely Andrew ___________ in fairies for long enough. Let’s tell him the truth.
A. believes B. is believing C. has believed D. will believe
20. My brother had never been abroad ___________ he joined the army.
A. since B. until C. during D. while
V. Complete the sentences, using the correct form of the words in brackets.
21. Her younger sister can be (annoy) _____________ when she behaves haughtily.
22. The (hot) _____________ makes everybody very drowsy during the lesson in class.
23. If they had enough money, they (buy) ____________ a new car.
24. The (nation) _____________ anthem of Viet Nam is Tien Quan Ca or Army March.
25. The council has promised to deal with the problem of (employ) _________ among young people.
VI. Read the passage and decide if the following statements are True (T) or False (F).
How Did English Spread Throughout the World?
The arrival of the Anglo-Saxons in Britain is usually considered the beginning of the English language’s spread. The language changed when Norse invaders brought several new words, which were added into daily speech. English began to borrow some words from French and Latin.
During the Medieval period, English started to become more standardized. As London grew, other dialects of English began to fade or merge into what we think of as English today. The British Empire is typically considered the next major phase of English’s spread. As England invaded regions around the world and established colonies, it brought English with it.
Today, English is the third most common primary language in the world, right behind Mandarin Chinese and Spanish. Over one billion people across the world speak English, though only around 380 million speak it as their first language. It is one of the most commonly studied languages and is sometimes called a global language because it is used for international organizations. Pilots are required to communicate in English for international flights, and organizations such as the United Nations and the European Union list English as an official working language. This is partly because so many countries speak English or recognize it as an official language.
26. Norse invaders made the beginning of the English language’s spread.
27. English has started to become more standardized since the Medieval period.
28. English today is the consolidation of other dialects of English.
29. English is one of the most common primary languages in the world.
30. The ability of communicating in English is a requirement for pilots for international flights, and organizations.
VII. Read the passage and choose the correct answer to complete the passage.
A drought is a period or condition of unusually dry weather within a geographic area where rainfall is normally present. During a drought there is a (31) ______ of precipitation. Droughts occur in all climatic zones. However, its characteristics vary significantly (32) ______ one region to another.
Its (33) ________ depends on the degree of the water shortage, size of area affected, and the duration and warmth of the dry period. In many underdeveloped countries, such as India, people place a great demand on water supply. During a drought period (34) ________ is a lack of water, and thus many of the poor die.
(35) ________ drought cannot be reliably predicted, certain precautions can be taken in drought-risk areas. These include construction of reservoirs to hold emergency water supplies, education to avoid over cropping and overgrazing, and programs to limit settlement in drought-prone areas.
31. A. addition B. abundance C. lack D. success
32. A. from B. at C. with D. during
33. A. serious B. seriousness C. seriously D. series
34. A. have B. there C. where D. these
35. A. Although B. However C. Besides D. Because
VIII. Rewrite the sentences using the word given in brackets.
36. We've never been to the United States before.
=> It's _______________________________________
37. A mechanic is going to service my car tomorrow because yesterday's storm damaged it severely.
=> My car ____________________________________
38. "I won't help you with your homework. Never! Katarina said to me.
=> Katarina refused ____________________________
39. It's possible the weather will be sunny tomorrow. (might)
40. Vicky and Tiffany are so kind to help the injured people in that devastating tsunami.
=> It’s _______________________________________
Lời giải chi tiết
36. the first time we have been to the United States.
37. is going to be serviced by a mechanic because yesterday’s storm damaged it severely.
Hoặc: is going to be serviced by a mechanic because it was damaged severely by yesterday’s storm.
38. to help me with my homework.
39. The weather might be sunny tomorrow.
40. so kind of Vicky and Tiffany to help the injured people in that devastating tsunami.