Đề số 4 - Đề kiểm tra giữa kì 2 - Tiếng Anh 9 mới
Đáp án và lời giải chi tiết Đề số 4 - Đề kiểm tra giữa kì 2 - Tiếng Anh 9 mới
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
1. A. garnish B. slice C. dip D. grill
2. A. delay B. magnificent C. bank D. travel
3. A. massive B. immersion C. establish D. rusty
II. Choose the word with different stress from the others in each question.
4. A. cucumber B. delicious C. tomato D. nutritious
5. A. stalagmite B. holiday C. excursion D. pyramid
6. A. accent B. factor C. blobal D. erode
III. Choose the best answer A, B, C or D to complete the following sentences
7. I'm sorry, we haven't got_________ hot food, but we've got ________sandwiches if you're hungry.
A. any – any B. any – some C. some – some D. some - any
8. Keeping a ___________for a few days will help you discover your bad eating habits.
A. diary B. personal C. food diary D. report
9. If you eat a lot of fruit, you ____________health problems.
A. have B. will have C. had D. will never have
10. You_________the mixture of water, flour, yolk and sugar when you want to make a cake. This mixture is called a dough.
A. whisk B. boil C. bake D. stir
11. In Binh Ba Island (Lobster Island), there are many beautiful beaches with white sand, clear water, blue sky, which is __________for those who love nature and calmness.
A. available B. famous C. good D. suitable
12. Parking is very difficult in ________city centre, so my father always go there by _________bus.
A. the – x B. the – the C. a – a D. a – x
13. Nature-loving tourists, who love to go green like traveling to Bonita Gardens in Bloemfontein South Africa or similar destinations are called__________.
A. eco-tours B. tour guides C. eco-tourists D. nature-lovers
14. If I _________the answer, I wouldn't need to ask.
A. have B. had C. am having D. has had
15. Mai is the girl _________mother is an architect.
A. who B. whose C. which D. that
16. In a class, this is a great opportunity to learn about different customs and__________traditions around the world.
A. multilingual B. multi-disciplinary C. multi-dimensional D. multinational
17. No one ever improves pronunciation and ___________by watching someone else's shape of the mouth! You improve English speaking by speaking, not watching.
A. rhythm B. tone C. accent D. sounds
18. There was a storm ___________I had never experienced before.
A. such as B. as which C. which D. for which
19. One special feature of cuisine in Southern Vietnam is short cooking time which aims to__________the freshness of food.
A. protect B. remain C. save D. store
20. Drinking enough water is a vital part ___________it keeps your body functioning properly.
A. but B. although C. because D. or
IV. Choose the word or phrase among A, B, C or D that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
A Healthy Life?
Many health experts believe that children and young people today are more (21) _________ than they used to be. So why has this happened?
One reason is bad eating habits. Lots of young people don't have a healthy diet. They eat too much fast food (22) _________ hamburgers and pizza and not enough fruit and vegetables. In the US, many children (23)_________ fast food regularly since they were very young. In fact, almost one-third of American children aged four to nineteen have been eating fast food nearly all the time. They also don't (24) _________ exercise and spend too much of their time watching TV, surfing the Internet or playing computer games.
So how can you change your habits if you have been following an unhealthy lifestyle for a long time? First, change your (25) _________ and eat more fruit and vegetables. Next, find an activity you enjoy. Why not try something different like rock climbing, surfing or hiking? Many young people have found that becoming fit and healthy can be a lot of fun.
21. A. healthy B. healthily C. unhealthy D. unhealthily
22. A. such B. includes C. like D. as
23. A. eat B. have eaten C. ate D. had eaten
24. A. play B. make C. do D. bring
25. A. menu B. ingredients C. recipes D. diet
VI. Read the passage, and choose the correct answer A, B, C or D for each question.
Taking a Working Holiday
One of the most difficult things young people face when they want to travel is the lack of funds. During summer holidays and possibly at weekends, they are able to take on part-time jobs, but the money they make is just a drop in the bucket of what they need to travel far away. For example, traveling to Australia from Viet Nam can be quite expensive just for an airline ticket, and to a lot of students wanting to travel, it can seem out of reach.
For students wanting to travel to Australia and New Zealand in particular, however, they are in luck. Although many countries offer working holidays, these two countries are well - known for offering them. When a young person signs up to get a working holiday visa, he only pays for the round-trip airfare to get to either place and only needs to carry some extra cash for incidentals. Once he is there, a job awaits where he can earn some money.
Many of the jobs require little or no experience, such as picking fruit or working in a busy pub out in the countryside. Some of the jobs require more experience that most people are unlikely to have, such as being a certified welder to work for eight weeks on a farm. That shouldn't discourage you, though, because there is always something to be found if you search hard enough.
There are many websites that advertise working holidays in Australia and New Zealand. If you have the courage and are looking for a way to make a little money and see the world, it might be just the ticket you were looking for.
26. What can seem out of reach for young people?
A. Being able to find a part-time job. B. Being able to travel.
C. Being able to get time off from school. D. Being able to earn money.
27. Which students are in luck according to the passage?
A. The ones who want to go to Australia and New Zealand.
B. The ones who have part-time jobs.
C. The ones who have airline tickets.
D. The ones who are on holiday.
28. Where can people find working holidays advertised?
A. In magazines. B. On the radio. C. In travel guidebooks. D. On the Internet.
29. According to the passage, which statement is true?
A. Some working holidays are not paid.
B. People on working holidays must be from Australia or New Zealand.
C. A young person needs a special visa to go on a working holiday.
D. Picking fruit is the only job available for young people on working holidays.
30. Why would a student NOT want to take a working holiday?
A. To earn money. B. To show how fearful he is. C. To see the world. D. To visit a new place.
VII. Write the sentences with the same meaning to the first ones. Use words given.
31. My uncle is a fire fighter. He visited us last weekend. (who)
32. We don't have a big house. We can't invite friends to stay. (had)
33. John will be at work. He won’t go with us. (If)
34. Although/ speaking English fast/ make/ you/ sound/ native speaker/it/ make/ other people/ difficult/ understand you.
Lời giải chi tiết
31. My uncle, who visited us last weekend, is a fire fighter.
32. If we had a big house, we could invite friends to stay.
33. If John is at work, he won’t go with us.
34. Although speaking English fast makes you sound a native speaker, it makes other people difficult to understand you.