Đề số 3 - Đề kiểm tra học kỳ 2 - Tiếng Anh 9 mới
Đáp án và lời giải chi tiết Đề số 3 - Đề kiểm tra học kì 2 - Tiếng Anh 9 mới
I. Find the word which has a different sound in the underlined part.
1. A. school B. scholarship C. chemistry D. children
2. A. astronomy B. astronomer C. astrology D. astronaut
3. A. mixed B. mended C. hated D. visited
II. Choose the word which has a different stress pattern from the others.
4. A. language B. translate C. speaker D. imitate
5. A. academic B. reputation C. experience D. intermediate
6. A. astronomical B. emergency C. experiment D. collaborate
7. A. provide B. bilingual C. immersion D. rusty
III. Choose the best answer A, B, C or D to complete the sentences.
8. The driver stopped _____________ a coffee because he felt sleepy.
A. have B. to have C. having D. had
9. Valentina Tereshkova, _________ was born in 1937, is the first woman to fly and orbit in space.
A. she B. which C. who D. that
10. The computer program is _______________ to the needs of individual users.
A. adaptable B. reasonable C. available D. accessible
11. You _________ see a Yeti if you go to the Himalayas.
A. would B. might C. had to D. must
12. Once we get to the hotel, let’s just ___________ quickly and then do a bit of sightseeing.
A. check in B. turn up C. set down D. make up
13. Interesting movements have been launched to attract the ________ of a large number of youths.
A. participant B. participating C. participate D. participation
14. If I could speak Spanish, I ___________ next year studying in Mexico.
A. would have spent B. would spend C. will spend D. had spent
15. I paid ________ attention, and I didn’t hear what the others were saying.
A. much B. a lot of C. little D. a little
IV. Listen and fill in the blank with ONE suitable word/number.
16. New experiences we gain when we travel also ________ us.
17. Each type of tourism has its separate effect on the _________ and the locale.
18. Mass tourism helps developing countries _________ much-needed investments for roads and hospitals.
19. Only a small portion of ________ money actually reaches the locals.
20. A tourist uses as much water in just 24 hours as a third-world villager uses in ______ days.
V. Use the correct form of the word given to complete each sentence.
21. The school is performing well, but we recognize the need for further _________. (improve)
22. If you want to attend the course, you must pass the __________ examination. (write)
23. I agree that academic performance is not the only criterion to _________ a person. (evaluation)
24. _________ write news stories, and articles for use on television and radio or within magazines, journals and newspapers. (Journal)
25. Are you someone who can read and write well in English but cannot speak ________ ? (fluency)
VI. Read the following passage and choose the best option for each numbered blank.
A career used to be understood as a single (26) _________ that people did to earn a living. However, in the changing world of work, nowadays people have to keep learning and be responsible for building their future. Therefore, a career is now considered more than a job. Rather, it is an ongoing process of learning and development of skills and experience. Choosing a career path is hard - you have to consider many things. Firstly, you should consider what you like, what is most important to you, what you are good at and who is there to help you. For example, you may care (27) __________ about earning as much money as possible or you may want to experience job satisfaction, or make a difference to society. Then, you should (28) __________ account education and learning styles. You may want to follow an academic route of high school, then college or university. (29) ________, you may opt for vocational training where you learn skills which can be applied directly to a job. Thirdly, you should do your own research to explore possible career paths. For instance, career paths in education include teaching, curriculum development, research or administration. Finally, speak to people. Your parents, your teachers, and even your peers (30) _________ give you good advice.
26. A. task B. emission C. occupation D. job
27. A. mostly B. nearly C. hardly D. rarely
28. A. take over B. take into C. take up D. take on
29. A. Specially B. Luckily C. Considerately D. Alternatively
30. A. must B. will not C. had better D. can
VII. Read what Mark says about his food memories. Decide if the statements are true (T) or false (F).
WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE FOOD WHEN YOU WERE A CHILD?
I loved lasagne. It all began when I was three years old. I flew to Australia with my parents on Singapore Airlines. On the plane they served special food for children, and one of the dishes was lasagne. I fell in love with that dish immediately and ate a big portion. Since then, whenever we eat out in an Italian restaurant, I’ve chosen lasagne.
DID YOU HATE ANY FOOD WHEN YOU WERE A CHILD?
Sure, I really hated fish. My mother loved it, so we had it almost every day. Although she cooked different dishes such as steamed fish, fried fish, or fish soup, I still didn’t like the taste, the smell, or anything about it. The strange thing is that I liked fish nuggets at Kuick, and I had them sometimes on Sundays.
WHICH DO YOU PREFER: HAVING MEALS AT HOME OR EATING OUT?
My job involves travelling a lot, so I treasure any meal with my parents at home. It’s our happiest time when we can gather together and share a lot of things. I love eating at home also because my mother is a great cook who can create unusual dishes with everyday ingredients.
31. There were special dishes for children on Singapore Airlines planes. _________
32. The first time he tried lasagne, Mark couldn’t eat much. ________
33. His mother only cooked one kind of fish dish. ________
34. His family has a good time together during their meals. _________
35. Mark never ate fish when he was a child. ___________
VIII. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it.
36. The hypothesis could be tested. Two experiments were conducted. (so that)
37. I could realize how important the family is only after I left home.
=> Not until ___________________________________________________________________________
38. I don’t know the answer, so I can’t tell you.
=> If _________________________________________________________________________________
39. The gentleman was very young. He was introduced as the most successful businessman. (who)
40. Though she has been absent frequently, she has managed to pass the test. (In spite of)
Lời giải chi tiết
36. Two experiments were conducted so that the hypothesis could be tested.
37. I left home, could I realize how important the family is.
38. I knew the answer, I could tell you.
39. The gentleman, who was introduced as the most successful businessman, was very young.
40. In spite of having been absent frequently, she has managed to pass the test.
Hoặc: In spite of the fact that she has been absent frequently, she has managed to pass the test.